
My Sweetheart...take 2

Hallie and Daddy....first day of school for the both of them 2009

I have a feeling that these three girls are going to have lots of fun growing up together!

Sweet cousins!

Hallie and Mason

Hallie and Caroline...Best Buddies.

Three sweet girls!

Hannah went to the window and looked out for sissy many times today.

Wore out from a fun-filled 1/2 day!

See my title?! I am officially a member! With much coaching myself under my breath, swallowing many times as Mrs. Lesley told the class to wave good-bye to Mommy and Daddy, chewing very profoundly on my gum, and rushing out of the classroom as fast as I could when I received my last hug...I did IT! I survived...and now I am officially a member of the Big Girl Club of Mom's Whose Baby Is Starting Kindergarten. Right...as the song goes..."Big Girl's Don't Cry...Atleast not in front of your 5 year old who you are trying to teach to be a Big Girl. My sweet Hallie had a request of me, and I am glad I was able to grant it. Last night she came to me and wanted to know if I would promise her that I would not cry in front of her at school. She was going to be a big girl and she wanted me to do the same (I am sure that this came from a good conversation with her daddy who was more worried about me than the 5 yr old who was actually the one going to a new place with new people). I managed to get out of the school and into my car and then it was fair game. Yes, my crying session/therapy session of how I was going to be strong, suck it up, realize that this is normal that your child goes to school, etc. I managed to get all of this accomplished in the 4 minutes that it took me to make it into my driveway. I then pulled myself together, got out of my car, went to the bathroom and washed all of my makeup off that was everywhere on my face, and left all of my feelings behind.
YES, my Sweet Hallie is officially in Kindergarten, and YES I am a mommy who knows she is going to be well cared for and have lots of fun learning and experiencing new things with lots of sweet friends. When I picked her up at noon today she had the same excitement that she had in her eyes last night as we were reading bedtime stories and talking about all the fun she was going to have at school. She talked and talked about all of her friends at school, the fact she must wear gym shoes because she gets to go to P.E. tom., and then she was concerned about the Popsicle that she got all over her dress. Yes, I am trying to do much better..just a little OCD about my kids staying clean. We weren't home 15 minutes and I found her asleep on the couch. Hannah has went to the window many times to look out. I let Hallie go out and play on her swing set where I can see her, and Hannah and I will watch her out the window. I think she went to the window in hopes to see her today. However, when Hallie got home she was soooo glad to see her...many hugs and kisses. Well, I hope all my blogger sisters who were in my same shoes today can officially say you are a member of my Club. I feel so much better, and I know it is all going to be Okay. Hope you enjoy the photos!
13 comments:
I'm glad you made it through!! I do not even want to think about that day for Olivia, but I guess they all have to start growing up sometime! She is such a cutie, and will do great in kindergarten!
Pictures were too cute!!! I'm certain Ms. Hallie will do great..because she IS such a big girl! I love how she talks so big and her actions...she is a doll!! It is hard sending them off..just knowing they're growing up..just think we'll be sending them to high school before you know it!!
I'm still on for Sat. can't wait!! =)
I do understand! Jacob is no longer right next door at Kyrock and Anna Kate will be headed there in two weeks!
I love her Gymboree oufit for the first day!
You did good Momma!
She is such a sweet little girl, I'm glad she's my neice. She even came and told me she needed a hug before I left today.
Hallie was so sweet today! I'm so glad she and Evan are in the same class.
You do so good if you waited until you got to the car. I would've done the same thing. I'm so sad that your baby is growing up but unfortunately they all do and once again we will be doing it again with Hannah and Brooks before we blink. Glad she had a good day, loved the pictures.
We made it!!! Hallie was so cute today and I'm so glad the kids are going to be in the same class this year! I saved all my tears up for walking in this house and realizing how QUIET it was with only one baby around. I guess we're going to have to get used to it!
Proud of you, know it is hard. Tell Ms. Hallie I ask Mason if he would bring me some flowers and he said no way, they are just for Hallie...too sweet. Tell Hannah I have some more chips for her!
so so so cute....i'm jealous...i want dresses... bows and cute socks with matching shoes!!! although...wesley did want his new jersey to match his new shocks today...and i did get a baseball braclet on him!!! lol..no matter what age it will always be sad..wes is in 4th grade he was ready to go.. but when i got in my car i had to swallow down a lump in my throat.... :(...glad her day was fun!!
I am definitely a member of your club:o) I done the same exact thing. I was staying strong all the way out the door (luckily, no one was in the hall, if I would've stopped to talk...it would not have been pretty) but I let it go in the car! Hallie was so beautiful today. Thanks for sharing the pictures. It helps to know other people are going through the same thing.
Love all the pictures! Hallie looked so pretty for her first day of school, and I especially liked the pic of her asleep and the one of Hannah looking out the window for her sissy...Jacob was about her age when Matthew went to kindergarten and he missed him so much!! It brought back those sweet memories! I'm proud of you for being a big girl today!! :p
Love that little girl bunches! And so adorable in that outfit!
How much fun will all these little ladies have together I must ask? You have to be pretty thankful at this point that they are all together and that they are with a teacher who they already know and love and finally that she look so stinkin cute on her first day of school!
Post a Comment